Dear Professor Moore,
In last night’s Catalyst program, on water fluoridation, you were quoted as follows:
“It goes back to one of the fundamental precepts of toxicology – the dose makes the poison. You take a lot of it, you get poisoned. If you take the right amount, it keeps you well. Have too little, you’ve got a problem.”
I agree, but how is the dose controlled for the patients (i.e. the consumers of public drinking water) when they are drinking uncontrolled amounts of water, and also receiving fluoride from other sources?